Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Ruby Red Slippers

I have been meaning to post this story for awhile... When we went home in Feb. Emma watched the Wizard of Oz with Grandma Mitchell and loved it. She talked about it all the time and decided she wanted to be the wicked witch for Halloween-which I was ok with cause she had wanted to be Goldie locks and the three bears :). Well, three of the girls from our YW were in the the high school play of the Wizard of Oz. So me and my friend Kim took our girls to go see it. Emma was mesmerized by it. And ever since then she has made me tell the story or sing the songs about a million times a day. She also decided she wanted to be Dorthy cause she got to met Dorthy afterwards. And the wicked witch kinda scared her in the play. I went to a consignment sale two weeks ago and found Ruby Red Slippers. They were two sizes to big but Emma was in heaven. So that day we HAD to go find Toto, a basket, and a leash. Good thing Walmart had them all. Needless to say I have to beg and plead Emma to take her Ruby Red Slippers off. And Toto-or toad or toady as Emma calls him for short-goes every where with us-church, school, store, camping, everywhere! And now we act out the Wizard of Oz all the time! Now she is so excited for Halloween cause she is going to be Dorthy, I will be the wicked witch, Spencer is the scarecrow, Aiden is the Lion, and she called Grandma Mitchell and told her she had to be the tin man. What a funny girl!

No comments: