Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Our Ballerina
Emma had her first dance class today. She was so excited! She couldn't wait to go and get her leotard and shoes from her teacher. (We went in a couple of weeks ago to get her sized so that all her stuff would be there today.) I had made her a special dance bag to put her shoes in and told her that she was in charge of her bag and shoes. She was so proud of herself, she carried it in and put it right were she was suppose to.
We have been having "dance classes" in my bathroom in front of our big mirror for the last couple of months. So she already knew some of the dance positions. Here she is doing her first position with a plie.
I was very impressed with the teachers. They had the girls turning, and leaping, and kicking right from the get go. Emma caught on to almost everything very fast. And the teacher always used her as an example to go first. :) Emma loved, loved, loved and she can't wait to go back next week. I am sure we will be having more "dance" classes in my bathroom this week! They also do tap during the class but I wasn't able to get any pictures of that so I will try again later.
I felt bad cause she was the only one with out a skirt so I told her I would make her one for next time. That way she has something till the big fancy tutu gets here from grandma. Hopefully it turns out cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh how fun! I remember doing just that;) I am sure she will love it.
So stinkin cute! I can't wait for a girl. Maybe you can start a dance class and be the teacher - you'd be great. I am NOT a dancer! But I would love for my daughter to be!
Emma is so cute! Light pink is such a good color on her. I saw you little sis today. I work at Dance Tech and she was thinking about enrolling her daughter! So they could be dancing cousins. OOh and I love love your car seat cover. What a good idea, thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend!!
Post a Comment