Can you believe it my baby is 1!! Ok, well, technically he isn't one until Monday but we had his birthday party on Friday. And what a party! We did the luau theme and it turned out really cute. I decorated with flowers, grass skirts, surf boards, and beach balls-which the kids took home as their party favor. We had a luau dinner which consisted of : Octopus hot dogs, shark infested ocean jello, goldfish, fruit, and of course the surfboard cake.


Outside we had set up a big pool and had all the beach balls in there floating around. The water was a little cool so the kids didn't last very long in there, in fact, Aiden wanted nothing to do with it.


Emma and Sofie swimming. Joby swam too but I didn't get a picture and I am sure Jenn is glad :)

I at least wanted one picture of Aiden in the pool. He had more fun just hanging out with his girlfriend, Jerni, inside the house. I am sure someday that will change :)


After dinner, we busted out the water balloons. It was funny to watch the kids try and get them to pop. Doesn't it totally look like the balloon that Emma threw is about to land on her head!! It didn't, but it would have been hilarious if it had!


Aiden had fun throwing them but he could never get one to pop. Maybe next year buddy!

After water balloons it was time for presents! By this time Aiden is pretty much ready for bed. But he did get excited when we busted out the big presents. He started pointing and talking and banging on the boxes for us to open them. Emma had been telling everyone that she gets to help cause she is the big sister and Aiden is only one. She did a good job at letting Aiden do some of it.




And finally it was cake time. Aiden loved his cake. First he just ate all the frosting, but then when he realized that there was food under the frosting, he at it all. And he didn't even get very messy!Bummer!





Thanks everyone for coming to our party. And for all the great gifts that he received. He loves them all!
4 comments:
Looks like it was tons of fun!! Wish we could have been there
Another great party!! Aiden looks so big! We decided the pic w/ the lai on looks just like his mommy at that age!! I am glad you loved all the presents. Wish we were there but as long as the presents got there in time!! We love you little Aiden. Happy Birthday to you!!
OH MY GOSH!! Where is the time going? I cannot believe that Aiden is a year old! Someday I hope to meet the little cutie! Loved the cake. You are such a good mom!! So creative! Give the little man a hug from me- his pretend aunt he's never met. Ha ha!
Happy B-day Aiden! Hey Lex, can you make me a birthday cake for Brooklyn next week? She is turning five and I gave up on making cute cakes because I suck at it! So just fly out here and we'll be good to go:)
Post a Comment