This week we had our first "big" ice/snow storm of the year. It wasn't to bad but we did lose power for about an hour Monday night. I tried to turn it into a fun adventure but Emma was nervous the whole time. She kept saying "I wish dad was home", I did too!
They canceled school yesterday and today. Today it is pretty nice outside so we went driveway sledding with our neighbor. As most of you know, the driveways in OK are pretty steep. Which is not fun when you are trying to drive up after a ice storm. However, it makes for the perfect hill to sled down after the ice storm.

At first Aiden wasn't to sure about everything. He just kinda stood off to the side and watched. But soon he starting to like going down the hill with Emma or me. And after a while he thought it was a blast to chase Emma and Talen (our neighbor) down the hill.

Talen was super nice to let us use his sled. He had a great time pushing us all down the hill.

Emma had a great time sledding. She sometimes would get all turned around and would be laughing her head off. She even got brave enough to go down on her tummy.


I even got in on the action. It was actually a lot of fun and since it was slick you got going pretty fast. The best thing was that you didn't have a huge hill to try to climb up after!

A little video of the kidos:
5 comments:
Isn't it so much fun to just play with the kids. I love it. We went sledding the other day and it was so much fun, except I just got to watch. I want to be a kid again!!! Fun that you got to do it with them. I bet you miss all the snow from Idaho!!! :)
Love the new picture up top. You all look very cute. Looks like fun sliding down your driveway. Ours is steep as well we will have to try it next time.
Next time we should go to the Christian Ministries school on Rte. 66. Great hills!
The power went out once too when Denim was gone and Brooklyn was so nervous. I got out some candles and tried to make it fun but it didn't work. It is kind of creepy :(
Looks like you had fun! I am sure you will enjoy the warm weather next week:)
Post a Comment