Thursday, March 18, 2010

A week of fun...The Zoo...

My brother Chad, his wife Amber, and their two kids Carter and Addison, came out to visit for Springbreak. And we had a total blast. They have never been to OKC so I tried to do some of our favorite things-it would have been a lot funner if it wasn't so cold. Oh, well.
Saturday Amber and I went to the consignment sale and then met up with everyone at Chick-fil-A, then that night we went to our annual ward Chili/Chocolate Cook-off. I didn't win :( but I loved my new chili recipe that Chad gave me.
Sunday we went to church and then just hung around at home.
Monday we bundled up and headed to the zoo. They had just opened the new Children's Zoo and we wanted to check it out. It is cool-not as cool as I was hoping for but the kids liked it.
The waterfall:




Addison:
Carter:
Aiden:
Emma:
The petting zoo:



The slide (think Chad was more scared then the kids:))






Spencer was able to meet up with us for his lunch break and then we had all planned to meet up for dinner after we went to the bombing memorial. But by the time we left the zoo we were all tired and cold so we just headed home and then went to dinner after Spencer was done working.

No comments: