By now most of you have heard about our record breaking blizzard we had here in Oklahoma on Christmas Eve. After we finally made it home from the movies, the kids wanted to go and play out in the snow so bad. I didn't think they would last very long-it was super cold and the wind was blowing like 40 mph. So, I only put them in their coats, and hats, thinking they would walk out and walk back in. Well, 30 min later, they were still out there. I think by then Aiden was frozen cause he was just standing there :) They were so cold that we threw them in the bath to warm them up!


Snow day number 2 we were a little more prepared. We layered them up and put plastic bags on their feet to keep them from getting to wet. We don't really own any snow clothes since we usually only get snow once a year. Emma had a great time rolling around and digging tunnels in the snow. She really wanted to make a snowman but the snow was too fluffy so we promised her we would try another day.
Spencer spent the first part of the snow fun digging out our car from the day before. Then him and the kids made a snow tunnel to crawl through.
I mostly had fun watching everyone and taking pictures. But I did get in on some of the action.
Aiden loved loved the snow. He tromped through every snow drift he could find. The best part was when he fell-he couldn't get back up. Too funny! When I told him he could eat the snow he sat right down and tried it out. Yummy!
Snow day number 3. We learned a little more about bundling up the kids. Emma's church coat is a better snow coat then her regular coat, and the plastic sacks went inside the shoes so they wouldn't keep on slipping.
Spencer spent the first part of the snow fun digging out our car from the day before. Then him and the kids made a snow tunnel to crawl through.
I mostly had fun watching everyone and taking pictures. But I did get in on some of the action.
Aiden loved loved the snow. He tromped through every snow drift he could find. The best part was when he fell-he couldn't get back up. Too funny! When I told him he could eat the snow he sat right down and tried it out. Yummy!
Snow day number 3. We learned a little more about bundling up the kids. Emma's church coat is a better snow coat then her regular coat, and the plastic sacks went inside the shoes so they wouldn't keep on slipping.The snow was finally sticky enough to make a snowman. The eyes are fruit loops, the mouth is 2 chocolate bars, and the nose, a carrot of course. Emma wanted it to be a girl so I found one of my hats and a pink scarf.


1 comment:
LOVE the snowman. I think we get snow enough here that we don't take advantage of it. We have all the snow gear, but hardly ever go out and play in it! Three days in a row you got your kids all bundled up? You are awesome!!
Post a Comment